THE DYNAMIC EARTH: A BLOG ABOUT GEOLOGY AND THE EARTH SCIENCES

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nifty stuff from the Utah Geological Survey

Hup! Just a quick post about this thing that I recently found. The Utah Geological Survey has made up some of them there KMZ files that the Google Earth Folks are so hyped-up about, letting you drape a 3-D geological map over the terrain around St. George, Utah. Pretty spiffy, really. They also have a virtual field trip that makes use of the crazy 3-D map, which is a pretty neat thing. All in all, a pretty cool use of the ol' Google Earth.

Anyway, back to work!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Yeah, I love how much information the UT Geologic Survey has put online. I didn't realize how much more information they have as public access until I went looking for some info from other western states... They really have done a great job with their online and interactive maps. I didn't know about the GoogleEarth St. George map though. Thanks!